A few pictures ...
First off, I've posted a larger version of the blog photo to your right. Taken right behind The School, I think it shows Gangnam's nightlife well - one that doesn't reserve fun for the weekends! This is a street that is home almost exclusively to bars, restaurants and convenience stores. I don't think that I'll ever have the time (or money) to try it all, but it's great fun to be in one of Seoul's several entertainment districts.
The second photo is a quick glimpse of our flat: newly renovated and modern. Great glass doors to divide the kitchen/bathroom and bedroom/office/living area. Is now much messier than when this photo was taken, since we've little furniture to store our things in.
Third is a shot of the street we work on, Road 41, which runs north to south. Four car lanes in each direction, with at least one bus lane on either side as well. A long wait to cross the street with hundreds of other Koreans (and a few waygook-in, or "foreigner people").
The next photo was taken in our favourite cafe, Paris Croissant. Pastries comparable to the real Parisian stuff - incredible! Despite what the open umbrellas would indicate, it wasn't raining when I took this shot. I've been very impressed with umbrella usage here - they're used for heavy rain, light rain, as parasols and to win some extra space on the crowded sidewalks. Just watch out for pointy metal bits at eye-level!
More photos to come!
1 comment:
Post a Comment